Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Neutrogena Hand Cream Review


Sometimes I need a good hand cream.  I'm talking industrial strength!  Even though the winter down here in the South has been mild this year, the dry indoor air and harsh workplace soap can turn my hands into a dry, ashy mess.  Even worse, if I let my hands get really dry, my eczema will flare up, adding a itchy rash to my hand troubles.

Because of this, I'm constantly trying new hand creams to see if I can keep my hands in good shape.  I've read good things over the years about Neutrogena Hand Cream, so I decided to give it a whirl.



Was it my hand savior?  Keep reading after the jump...

From Neutrogena's website:  

Neutrogena® Hand Cream delivers effective relief for dry, chapped hands.

This clinically proven, highly concentrated formula rapidly heals dry hands. It noticeably improves the look and feel of your skin.

Hands feel soft and smooth after just one application.
  • Long-lasting
  • Glycerin-rich
  • Concentrated
  • Available in Original and Fragrance-free 



I like that the ingredient list is short, minimizing the potential irritants.  Glycerin, the second ingredient, draws moisture to the skin surface.  There is fragrance in the original version, but it a soft, light, "lotion" fragrance.  It doesn't linger after application.

Here's how the cream looks.  My hands have just been washed and towel-dried.
 

Thick and rich.

This cream is easy to massage into your hands.





Because it is a cream, it only takes a little to cover your whole hand.  It leaves a slight residue that is not greasy.  If you apply too much, or if you apply this on dry hands instead of just-washed hands, the residue can get sticky and annoying.  

Overall, I recommend this to all who fight dry hands and ashiness.  However, be sure to use this on damp skin fresh from washing.  I've found that using this on dry (non-wet) skin renders this cream ineffective.

The full-size is 2 oz. and retails for $4.99, but I purchased a 0.5 travel size for $1.00 from Walgreens.  This is available at drugstores and big-box stores in the United States.




No comments:

Post a Comment