Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rimmel Kate #4 and #15 Swatches and Review

After I read on Nouveau Cheap here and on her You Tell Me page that Rimmel lipsticks are on sale this week at Walgreens, I decided to show some swatches of the two lipsticks that I own.  They are both from the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Collection.






#4, #15

Number 4 is a dark vampy cool plum with no shimmer, and #15 is a color that I don't see often in the drugstore - a shimmery ash purple.  In the display, it's promoted as a "Smokey Look" topcoat, but I love to wear it alone.  It looks scary swatched, but I feel it is wearable for cool-toned ladies across the spectrum. 

Swatches in bright sunlight

The lipsticks have a strong fruity smell that is noticeable upon application, but fades after 15 to 20 minutes after application.  They apply smooth and creamy and have a slight sheen, but can be blotted down to a matte finish.   They wear for about 4 hours before fading, but I reapply often due to my constant water drinking.  I always use lip balm under my lipsticks, but after removing these at the end of the day, my lips feel fine and are not dried out.

 Overall, these are lovely lipsticks with a great formula.  They are a great buy, even at full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment