Sunday, January 13, 2013

Empties, 1st Edition





Since December 1st, I've been saving my empties in anticipation of this blog.  Like others who do this, I like to take a moment and reflect on my thoughts on what I've thrown away.  I've seen this done a lot across the internets, so it's hard to pin the original idea on one particular person.  I do, however, want to shout out Liz at BeautyReductionista because hers were the first empties I saw in blog form.


  

1.  Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Extra Care Cream - This cream is very nice for softening and smoothing rough, dry areas.  In the winter, I like to layer it with my regular body lotion to add a little extra moisture and keep me from being itchy and scratching my legs raw.  I have a few body creams to finish up, but I will definitely repurchase. 
2.  Avon Bubble Bath in Vanilla Cream for Dry Skin - This makes a lot of bubbles and does not irritate me or dry out my skin.  I already have another bottle of this in my bathroom cabinet. 
3.  Softsoap Milk Protein & Honey Hand Soap - I highly recommend this! It smells good, cleans well, and does not leave my hands ashy.  It's been a staple in my household for years, and will be again once I finish the Bath & Body Works soaps I recently bought.
4.  Alberto VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Conditioner - Another staple!  I use this to cleanse my hair between shampoos.  It smells good and leaves no buildup. 
5.  Equate Nourishing Nail Polish Remover with Vitamin E - In my opinion, nail polish remover is pretty much all the same, at least on the drugstore level.  I tend to buy whatever store brand I see when I need more.  However, I did buy Zoya Remove+ just to see if it is any better than anything else I normally buy.




6. Equate Rejuvenating Toner - This is a dupe for the Proactiv Revitalizing Toner, and both products are awesome for my skin.  I'm cheap, however, so I brave the Wal-Mart craziness to pick this up.  I have acne-prone skin, and this toner keeps dirt and dead skin from building up on my face and exacerbating breakouts.  This is a rebuy, over and over again. 
7. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream - Good for all the dry spots! I like to alternate between this and many other creams, so it may be a while, but I'm sure I'll repurchase this at some point.  Also, the smell of this stuff is so yummy! 
8. Avon Foot Works Intensive Moisture Foot Cream - I love this cream because I can rub it into my feet, wait a minute or two, then put on my socks/shoes/sandals without worrying about greasiness.  I use this year-round, and stock up on it when it's on sale.  It's normally $5.00, but I have gotten it for as low as $1.99 in the past. 
9. Pond's Clarant B3 Anti-Dark Spots Moisturizer - I don't think this really helped my dark spots, but it is a great moisturizer!  It hydrates without breaking me out or feeling heavy.  I used this morning and night.  I plan to rebuy, but I have to finish some other creams first. 
10. Dove Invisible Solid, Fresh Scent - It keeps me dry and it doesn't make my underarm eczema worse. I've been buying Dove for years, switching between different scents.





11.  Simply Smart Lotion - This is a lotion you can only get from Holiday Inn hotel rooms.  I spent three days at one thirteen months ago, and I enjoyed the one left in my room so much that I went to the front desk and asked for a few more!  It's a light lotion that smells faintly of cinnamon rolls.  There's at least two more in my stash, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts....or until I stay in a Holiday Inn again.
12.  Yardley Naturally Moisturizing Bath Bar in Honey Vanilla Creme (Limited Edition) - This was released during the 2012 holiday season, but it may still be available in stores.  I'm a sucker for Honey or Vanilla anything, so when I saw this in Walgreens I had to try it.  I enjoyed it so much, I went back and bought five more!  This soap smells more creamy than honeyed or vanillic, but it's still nice.  Plus it lathers well, rinses clean, and doesn't overdry my skin.  I'll enjoy these while they last, then consider buying one of the permanent varieties.
13.  Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 - This was part of my Sephora birthday gift along with its untinted counterpart.  My lips are really pigmented, so the tint barely showed up on my lips.  However, it felt nice on my lips, sinking in and smoothing them out.  The softness of the balm was bothersome, melting at the slightest bit of warmth.  I won't repurchase because this is pricey for a lip balm and inexpensive balms suit me fine.





16.  St.  Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub - I actually didn't finish this because it burned my face.  I'm surprised, actually, because my skin is pretty tough.
17.  Nivea Kiss of Berry Swirl Vitamin Enriched Lip Care SPF 10 - I couldn't even try this out because I hoarded it for too long and the sunscreen expired.  I previously mentioned it here.


And now, for my crowning achievement in usage....an actual makeup product!


18.  Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Fig Jam - My favorite lip butter out of the many I own.  The peachy-red-brown color is just enough to brighten up my face, even when wearing no other makeup.  It doesn't dry out my lips, so I can use it as a balm in a pinch.  My only complaint is that its soft consistency can cause it to smear on the edges of the tube.  Because of that, I only turn the tube a tiny bit and expose the bare minimum of product before using.  I have repurchased and will continue to do so as long as Revlon makes this product.


I think I've done well so far, and I intend to continue.  There's no usefulness in my having a bloated, unused stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment