Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Empties, 2nd Edition: Mascara Purge

While going through my stash, I noticed the abundance of opened mascaras I have lying around.


Since I couldn't remember when I started using any of these, I decided to start this year with a fresh mascara.

1. Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara in Glam Black - This actually gave my eyes a slight cat-like appearance.  The wet formula actually did more lengthening than thickening, so I layered it with a thickening mascara.  I'd buy again.
2.  Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara in Black - I'm seriously disappointed in this.  I read all the reviews on the internets and had to try this for myself.  The formula was so dry it was non-existent!  Maybe it was because I bought a mini, but I doubt I'll be buying the full-size to compare.
3.  Covergirl Natureluxe Water Resistant Mascara in Black- I bought it on clearance, then bought another in Very Black after trying and liking this.  It is a really nice mascara that is easy to throw on and go.  It provides a nice, natural look with a good balance of lengthening and thickening.  I'd repurchase if it's still available when I need it.
4.  Avon superFULL mascara in Black - Absolutely terrible.  Too dry to make any kind of impact on my lashes.  I couldn't see it, but it still managed to crumble all over my face.  Yuck.  I wonder if this was a dud, but not enough to buy.
5.  Benefit They're Real Mascara - At first I hated this mascara, but it really grew on me.  The formula and brush create dramatic lashes, but they look "made up".  Nobody will think that these are my real lashes, but I enjoyed this mascara anyway.  I'd definitely repurchase.
6.  Wet 'n' Wild Megalength Mascara - The brush will take your eye out if you are not careful, but the formula is nice and it lengthens my lashes well.  A real bargain that I would repurchase.
7.  Christian Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer - This is nice.  It gives my lashes extra length and thickness under my mascaras.  I'd repurchase if I feel like splurging.

I need to set a limit to how many mascaras I have open at a time!  Two, maybe three is enough for me.

Total Empties since December 1st: 25

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I was pretty bad with mascaras too when I started my blog and did the first mascara inventory. It really made me cut back on mascaras and I've been good about having only one open ever since. But now I have a bunch of unopened samples that I feel like are drying up and it's causing me severe anxiety!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no sample anxiety! LOL I was just thinking of this today, and I've decided to keep myself to a three-or-less mascara limit by just opening one a month. That way, if I open one every month, and I throw away one every three months, I'll only have three mascaras max open in any given month, and I can get through my mound of minis.

      Delete