Sunday, January 20, 2013

Holy Grail #1: Dove Limited Edition Winter Care Beauty Bar

We are always on the look out for a holy grail in something.  Fortunately, in beauty, the journey is just as fun as the destination!  I've managed to find a holy grail, and that is no lightweight feat.  I don't throw around the term holy grail much, unless I am talking about the ABSOLUTE BESTEST PRODUCT FOR ME!!!!   Yes, I have to shout about it because this product is worth a try for anyone.



You are my favorite.





This beauty bar is so good to my skin, that it fully activates my beauty hoarder tendencies.

Yes, that is thirty bars of soap.

Why is this soap worth a hoard try?

Well,  I've been a user of Dove soaps of years, since I was a child.  My mama always used the original and sensitive skin bars because of her sensitive, ezcema-prone skin.  Now that I have my own place, and have inherited my mom's skin (sigh),  I use it as well.

From time to time, I like to try different varieties of Dove.  One day, I saw the Winter Care and was intrigued enough to bring it home.











From the label:  Skin loses over 25% of its ability to hold moisture in the winter.  That is why Dove has created a beauty bar that cares for dry winter skin better than soap.

Dove Winter Care beauty bar with 1/4 moisturizing cream is enriched with natural oil, minimizing signs of dry winter skin such as roughness and flaking.  Now your skin can be soft and smooth all year long.
 

Upon opening the box, I was met with a smell that was a little bit floral, a little bit powdery, and a little bit creamy.  My guy friend, whom I convinced to try this, says that the scent seems a bit girly to him.  I disagree.  This scent to me is unisex, like baby powder.  My husband uses it and has never complained.  (Full disclosure:  my husband will use whatever soap is in the shower as long as it gets him clean.)  Either way, it doesn't linger after the shower and will not compete with fragrances.

The soap makes lather easily when rubbed against your favorite bath implement, and rinses clean.  However, there is a little extra something that the Winter Care leaves versus the other Dove varieties.  I don't feel a film or buildup, but somehow it leads to soothed, nourished skin.  Since I tried this, I've noticed that the winter itch is diminished. 


My precioussssss.......


I fell so hard for this soap that I stocked up on it and continued to use it into the spring and summer.  While doing that, a welcome discovery was made:  I could skip lotion with this!  Usually, I don't actually do so, but this frees me to use lighter lotions when it's ninety-five degrees without worrying about being ashy or sticky.

In short, this is an awesome soap.  Try it, especially if you suffer from eczema like I do.  It's made my skin feel so comfortable.

Ingredients:  Sodium lauroyl isethionate, Stearic acid, Sodium tallowate or Sodium palmitate, Lauric acid, Sodium isethionate, Water, Sodium stearate, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Sodium cocoate or Sodium palm kernalate, Fragrance, Helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, Sodium chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium etidronate, Titanium dioxide.

This soap can be found at Walmart, Target, and Kmart in packs of six.  It is also sold at Costco and Sam's Club in packs of fourteen.  If you want this, try and find it soon because it's limited edition.

One bar lasts the two of us about three weeks, which I think is a good value.  Hmm, let's do the math...if I open a box today, then I'll have Winter Care awesomeness until -- It doesn't matter, I'll still pick up another six-pack if I see it.





No comments:

Post a Comment